There’s many a sales methodology in the market, but most focus only on large deals, and typically only on the skills required at the point of sale completely missing everything that must happen before an opportunity has been identified.
Such sales methodologies fail to assist businesses with their overall sales process and their need to ensure their energies are focused where they will gain maximum return from their sales and marketing budget.
Knowing how to deal with an opportunity is great, but how do you find one in the first place? If all you do is respond to inbound enquiries what control do you have over the pace or direction of the development of your business?
Performative Structured Selling® provides the foundation for your own go-to-market model. It creates a lean, agile selling engine that addresses the complete selling cycle enabling you to build a manageable customer base from which you can then fill your pipeline with opportunities that you can objectively assess for your chances of winning. This not only helps the sales force to use their time more effectively, but also enables your sales management to deploy their resources for maximum return.
The Performative Structured Selling® framework permits the flexibility to incorporate the things that are already established and working well within your existing processes, into the final solution.
Performative undertook three assignments for us between 2002 and 2005 including the customisation and deployment of Performative Structured Selling® of which the key principles are still in use today. We have come to realise the true benefit of this robust methodology as it remains a constant in the business regardless of the changes in personnel, market and proposition. The work done by Performative created a great foundation for what is now a very successful business.
Want to increase the return from your Sales and Marketing budget? Get in touch with us to discover how you can tune your selling operation and build valued customer relationships.
When something is not right, the pain points we recognise first and seek to address are often only symptoms.
- Are the sales team struggling to meet their targets?
Not unheard of for 1 in 3
- In the search for new customers are marketing initiatives generating the response you need?
- Do you find sales training effects are short-lived or negligible?
Can be as little as 13% retained beyond a few weeks if they can’t practice it
- Do the new sales people you recruited live up to their promise?
It can take at least 7 months to get up to speed for the majority of recruits
- Are you losing more deals to your competitors?
Individual symptoms, addressed in isolation can give short term relief but rarely provide a lasting result.
Performative recognises that while a remedy for the immediate pain is a priority, a holistic approach, diagnosing the root causes of under-performance would enable them to be addressed in the most appropriate sequence to assure sustainable improvement.
So how will it feel once we have completed a programme for you …
- Customers will be happy and communicative at multiple levels, giving you advance warning of upcoming opportunities.
- Your senior management will be able to identify and focus on strategic activities.
- Sales management will have the tools to be in control, avoiding unpleasant surprises.
- The sales team will be motivated and operating in harmony with the business goals.
arising from …
- Your proposition, target markets, routes to market and collateral will be consistent and your outbound sales and marketing activities will be sharply focused.
- You will have a defined end-to-end process from the initial identification of targets through the evolutionary cycle from suspect to prospect and eventually to customer, resulting in more closed deals.
- Contacts and opportunities with least potential will be weeded out early; sales activity will be focused on contacts with the greatest potential.
- Your staff will be fully familiar with the process and supporting tools, and understand the methodology sufficiently to immediately adapt to varying scenarios and customer needs.
- Key customer account and new business activities will be balanced to achieve your business goals.
- Your pipeline will be a known quantity, providing objective measures of business potential.
- The pipeline will provide meaningful KPIs giving advance warnings of problems.
“Performative have unquestionably helped us to become better focused and more structured in all aspects of our selling activities. This has enabled us to accelerate the growth of the company with certainty which is a great foundation for planning and investing in our future. Throughout the period of involvement with Performative we have found them very supportive and responsive and they have provided advice on a diverse range of topics. They are a great partner to have. “
If this is how you’d like your organisation to be, contact us now!